2018 Hours* and Admission Prices:
We will open for the season on May 18th at 9:00 am.
May 18th – June 15th: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
June 16th – August 25th 9:00 am – 7:00 pm
August 26th – August 30th: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
August 31st – Sept. 2nd: 9:00 am – 7:00 pm
Sept. 3th – Oct. 7th: 9:00 am – 5:00pm
*CLOSED OCTOBER 8th -11th
October 12th, 13th and 14th: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
*schedule subject to change
Ages 5 and under Free
Ages 6-17 $ 6.00
Ages 18 and over $ 11.00
All current and former USCG personnel are admitted FREE with proper identification.
All USCG Auxiliary members are admitted FREE with proper identification.
Military personnel are admitted at the rate of $ 8.00 with valid identification.
We recommend allowing a minimum of 45 minutes to adequately tour the ship
- The ship does not have running water or restroom facilities. Porta-potties are provided on shore.
- The ship is not handicap-accessible.
- Be advised that the ship contains confined spaces, open decking, and steep ladders.
- We recommend that you wear closed-toe shoes and do not carry large bags or purses.
- Last admission allowed 45 minutes before posted closing time
Location – 45°46’47.7″N 84°43’12.2″W
The Mackinaw is docked on the eastern end of the old railroad dock. The street entry to the dock is just south of the Shepler’s Marine Service and north of Bell’s Fishery.
Drive along the south side of the blue building and park in the spots on the north side of the dock marked for the Icebreaker. Parking is free.