2019 Hours* and Admission Prices:
We will open for the season on Friday, May 17th at 9:00 am.
May 17th – June 14th: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
June 15th – August 24th 9:00 am – 7:00 pm
August 25th – August 29th: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
August 30th – Sept. 1st: 9:00 am – 7:00 pm
Sept. 2nd – Oct. 6th: 9:00 am – 5:00pm
*CLOSED OCTOBER 7th -10th
October 11th – 13th: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
*schedule subject to change
Child: Ages 5 and under Free
Youth: Ages 6-17 $ 6.50
Adult: Ages 18 and over $ 12.00
Family Pass $ 38.00 (2 adults and all youth 17 and under)
All current and former USCG personnel are admitted FREE with proper identification.
All USCG Auxiliary members are admitted FREE with proper identification.
Military personnel are admitted at the rate of $ 9.00 with valid identification.
Coupons can not be added to Military Discount or Family Passes (already discounted).
We recommend allowing a minimum of 45 minutes to adequately tour the ship
- The ship does not have running water or restroom facilities. Porta-potties are provided on shore.
- The ship is not handicap-accessible.
- Be advised that the ship contains confined spaces, open decking, and steep ladders.
- We recommend that you wear closed-toe shoes and do not carry large bags or purses.
- Last admission allowed 45 minutes before posted closing time
- Only ADA certified service animals are allowed. No exceptions.
Location – 45°46’47.7″N 84°43’12.2″W
The Mackinaw is docked on the eastern end of the old railroad dock. The street entry to the dock is just south of the Shepler’s Marine Service and north of Bell’s Fishery.
Drive along the south side of the blue building and park in the spots on the north side of the dock marked for the Icebreaker. Parking is free.